2. Where do you currently live??
Cris Cleen…. Currently tattooing at Saved Tattoo in Brooklyn, NY…
1. Where are you from?? i’m from the midwest originally but spent, up until recently , my whole adult life in California.
2. Where do you currently live?? i currently live and work in Brooklyn , New York.
3. What Made you Want to Get your First Tattoo?/When did you first become interested in getting tattooed? i remember wanting to get tattooed and be heavily tattooed as soon as i was old enough. after getting the first one and seeing the inside of a tattoo shop and the designs, i knew i wanted to be a part of it. i wanted to live in it and dive into the strange mystery of those images.
4. Where did you get your first tattoo? i got my first tattoo when i was 18 in California on my leg of a logo i drew for a punk rock band that i never got going. haha
Currently tattooing all over! Check out his website for more deets or instagram @hbnielsentattoo…
1. Where are you from?? Gothenburg, Sweden.
2. Where do you currently live? Nowhere, I’m traveling full time. I just bought a puppy though, so I’m moving to Stockholm, Sweden, next week.
3. What Made you Want to Get your First Tattoo?/When did you first become interested in getting tattooed? I can’t remember, really. Some classmates got tribals in high school. Stars and Chinese signs were trendy. I remember one guy in school came in one day with his name in Chinese characters on his lower arm, and I thought it was awesome.
4. Where did you get your first tattoo? I got my first tattoo when I was 17 on a family vacation in Turkey. It came out horrible but I thought it was the coolest thing ever. Then I moved to the U.S. after high school and got tattooed the second day after I arrived, and then I started spending most of my money on tattoos whenever I had some extra cash. I think most of my tattoos are paid for by student loans, so I guess I’ll be paying for them for the next 30 years or so.
5. How did you start tattooing? I figured out I wanted to tattoo pretty late, and had a lot of tattoos and even my hand done before the idea even occurred to me that it was something I should try myself. I was 24 and lived on my mom’s couch, working as a door-to-door fish salesman after having graduated from college. One of the colleagues was this guy I skateboarded with a few times as a kid. He was tattooing out of his apartment and I let him practice on me a few times, then I bought a couple of machines from him. Six months after that, I had a full time job tattooing in a street shop, but no idea what I was doing.
6. When you are not tattooing, how do you like to spend your free time? I like to read books. Some of my favorite authors are: J.D. Salinger, Cormack McCarthy, Sylvia Plath, Harper Lee, Paul Harding, Harper Lee, and Finnish author Tove Jansson. I also like to write. Read More
Currently tattooing at Freaks & Geeks in Asheville, North Carolina.
1. Where are u from?? I am originally from a suburb of Houston called Cypress, TX
2. Where do you currently live?? Right now I’m living in Asheville, North Carolina
3. What Made you Want to Get your First Tattoo?/When did u first become interested in getting tattooed? I’ve wanted a tattoo since I knew about them pretty much. I got my first tattoo when I was about 16. Illegally. Ha. And of course its a kanji symbol. I still have it. I don’t think I’ll ever cover it.
4. Where did u get your first tattoo? I got it at some guy’s house. I was very uneducated at the time so I didn’t understand the dangers of doing that!
Welcome to Inklers
Connecting the World of Ink