Pauly Lingerfelt….Currently tattooing at Downtown Tattoos in New Orleans!
1. Where are u from??
I was born and raised in New Orleans,Louisiana.
2. Where do you currently live??
I currently live in New Orleans Louisiana.
3. What Made you Want to Get your First Tattoo?/When did u first become interested in getting tattooed?
I always wanted to get tattooed. From as early as i can remember. Lots of my family members had tattoos so i always envisioned i’de get them.
4. Where did u get your first tattoo?
I got my first tattoo at my friend Nina Nichols bedroom when i was 16.
5. How did you start tattooing?
I started tattooing at a shop called Hubba Hubba. My mentor was Patrick Cox. We became friends threw him tattooing me and a mutual interest in antique collecting.
6. When you are not tattooing, how do you like to spend your free time?
When im not tattooing i like to spend my free time wilding out at shitty bars to good jukeboxes and generally enjoying my deep and heavy romance with New Orleans.
7. Who are your artistic influencers?/Mentors?
My artistic mentors are Egon Schiele, Gustav Klimt, Arthur Rimbaud, Marcel Duchamp, Hector Hyppolite, and as far as tattooing all the guys i work with i have an infinite amount of knowledge to learn from. And all the people that work and guest spot at East River Tattoo are constant inspiration and something to look up too.
8. Any heroes?
I have too many heroes to name.
9. How has being tattooed affected your life?
Being tattooed has affected my life for the better. Makes me feel like im wearing a armor all the time! haha. and helps me track time better.
10. What tattoo has the most meaning for you?
the jesus on my back has the most meaning for me. It was done by a very dear old friend and makes me feel like someone got my back all the time.
11. What are your inspirations inside & outside of tattooing?
My inspirations outside of tattooing are african spiritualism, Antique collecting, southern culture, and long nights with good friends.
12. What tattoo has been your most favorite/memorable?
My most memorable i’ve done would be a backpiece of the image of the Veil of Veronica. I like tattoos with religious or spiritual meaning behind them.
13. Favorite shops to tattoo at?
Ive only tattooed in new orleans so i have never tattooed anywhere else.
14. Favorite people to tattoo alongside ?
My favorite people to tattoo alongside of are all the guys at my shop. We have a blast and share tons of laughs every single day.
15. Favorite style of tattoos?
My favorite style of tattoos are indigenous peoples and prison tattoos. I enjoy applying all types of black tattoos.
16. Do you have a “specialty?”
My specialty would probably be stylize black tattoos.
17. Best way to set up an appt.?
Best way to set up an appointment would be threw my email@example.com
18. Do you have any favorite places to travel? & Where would you like to go?
I enjoy traveling anywhere in the caribbean and New York City.